Saturday 26 January 2008

Varying Degrees of Confusion

Are you a Celsius sort of person or a Fahrenheit one?
Well I happen to be both!
I use Celsius in the winter. "It's bloody freezing out there, it must be at least minus 1"
Or in the summer.
"It's bloody hot out there, it must be at least 80"
When I refer to the temperature as at least 80 then I'm using the Fahrenheit scale but when I'm referring it as being -1 I'm in the Celsius scale.
Weird!
I don't know when the transition takes place but I suspect it's around the 10.C or 50 F mark.

Anyone else with me on this or am I the only one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth.

I have never heard the name Gareth in Canada and, though Americanized, we are still a Commonwealth country.

Anyway, come summer I prefer the use of C over F. "It's suppose to be 90 with a 100 humidex" is so much more impressive and hot sounding than "it's suppose to be 32 with a 37 humidex."